Type of Tours: Tours for groups
The roots of the craft of oil painting grew in the Flemish soil of the early 15th century. Local artists, working as pure alchemists, discovered incredible techniques of expression. Their talents gave birth to masterpieces that offer a wondrous heritage to modern lovers of mysterious beauty.
Day 1 Brussels
- AM: Half-day city sightseeing to discover the Grand Place and its guilds’ houses, the St. Hubert Galleries, Manneken-pis, the St. Michel Cathedral, the Sablon squares with the gothic Notre Dame church, the Law Court, the Royal Palace, Brussels park, etc.
- PM: Visit to the Royal Art Museum to discover the evolution of the Belgian painting from the 15th to the 18th centuries. Then onto the Magritte Museum which houses the world’s best collection of the Belgian surrealist artist’s paintings.
Accommodation in Brussels.
Day 2 Ghent
- AM: Half-day sightseeing on foot in Ghent: the Belfry, the City Hall, St. Nicolas Church, the St. Michel bridge and to visit St. Bavo’s cathedral with the world famous Mystical Lamb by the Van Eyk brothers.
- PM: Free time in Ghent to discover the various attractions of this pleasant Flemish town before ending the day in Bruges.
Accommodation in Bruges.
Day 3 Bruges
- AM: Walking round Bruges to discover the Grote-Markt, the Belfry, the Basilica of the Holy Blood, the City Hall, the Notre Dame Church with the Madonna by Michelangelo, the Beguinage, the Lake of Love and the Memling Museum located in the Old St. John’s Hospital.
- PM: Free to further enjoy the beauty of this medieval city or to visit the Groeningen Museum.
Day 4 Antwerp
- AM: Visit of the town centre to discover the Grand Place, the Town Hall, the Notre Dame cathedral and Rubens’ house.
- PM: Visit to the Rokox House, the residence of the 17th century mayor, art collector and friend of Rubens, Van Dyck, Jordans or the Middelheim open-air sculpture museum with its 300 statues from Rodin to Zadkine.
Accommodation in Antwerp.
Day 5 The Brabant and Namur regions
- AM: A day trip in the countryside to enjoy the views of the wonderful Castle of La Hulpe’s park and the museum dedicated to the Belgian artist Michel Folon.
- PM: Visit Namur and Dinant to enjoy the great scenery of the Meuse valley and its castles.
Accommodation in Durbuy.
Day 6 Liege region
- AM: Discovery of Liège with its remarkable Grand Curtuis Museum.
- PM: As we are just 20 minutes from Maastricht we can discover the Netherlands and this very pleasant city sited on the river Maas.
Accommodation in Liège or Maastricht.
Day 7 Leuven – Brussels
- AM: On the way back to Brussels, we stop in Leuven, the old university town of the country with its recently renovated City Museum.
- PM: Free time in Leuven or in Brussels to relax and make the most of the last afternoon stocking up on the best local goods and souvenirs.
Accommodation in Brussels.
Lunches and dinners are selected according to the proposals.
Guides and assistants can accompany all transfers and sightseeing.
All services are only available upon request and upon availability.